Going green is not just a trend anymore it’s a necessity and women business leaders will make an big impact when it comes to the shift to sustainability. It’s women that got us out of the Great Depression in the late 30’s and it will be women that will have a strong roll in getting us out of this recession we are in now.
Women process information and purchase making decisions differently than men here are some interesting statistics from www.she-conomy.com/
- Nearly 50% of women say they want more green choices
- 61% of women influence household consumer electronic buying decisions
- Single women are becoming a more influential category versus 10 years ago
- Over the past 10 years, the number of women 25-34 who were single or living with a significant other increased 8% to 38%
- 80% would solidify their brand loyalty
- 51% would give a company a second chance if a product or service missed the mark the first time
It’s easy to see that women play a vital role in consumer spending and brand shifts. They are more aware of their surroundings and have been known to be in-tune with nature better than men. When they see the environment change even just slightly, an alert goes off. The desire to create change begins and need to protect future generations strengthens.
It’s important for women to educate themselves with current green topics so they can make an informed decision how to move forward. We will be sharing such topics at our next event during the Empowered Women’s Daylight Delight Luncheon. Five women industry experts will talk about relationship building, making dreams a reality, and the importance of going green to name a few.